Monday, October 15, 2007

It's A Small World

One and a half years ago, Chris took me to England. One of his plants is located in a little town called Tewkesbury. He visits it a couple of times a year and has always said he wanted to take me. England was a place that I would have liked to visit one day; but, not LOVED to visit. I would LOVE to visit Australia, Africa, Greece, Italy... But, when he offered to take me away for 10 days, I was ready to go WHEREVER!!

Let me just say that I had to totally eat my words! England is the most amazing place! In ten days we drove over 800 miles, walked LOTS of miles (9 in one day around
London) and experienced 700 years worth of history. I love history, so it was so amazing. The United States is so young! Oxford, Cheltenham, Stratford-Upon-Avon, York, Scarborough, Whitby, and London -- WOW! Warwick Castle, Hailes Abbey, Shakespeare's home, Harrods(!), Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace, Big Ben, Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Picadilly Circus, the Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey -- just amazing! If any of you can go to England, do it! Especially in May. The fields of yellow rapeseed look and smell so amazing!

Anyway, all that to say -- guess where my husband is right now?!? Yes! England! I took him to the airport yesterday. He already sent me a text message while eating at "our" restaurant!

I am glad he gets to experience the world and that one day he will take me somewhere else exotic! Going to England also made me realize how small our world is and that we all need to widen our "bubbles" so we don't miss any of God's amazing creation!

Have a great time honey and come back safely and quickly! Just know that I am sitting here with the big photo album I made and reliving our fun!

No comments: