Thursday, March 27, 2008

Memories of My Boys

I had a flood of memories today because I saw a family on the side of the road, making their two frilly-clad little girls sit in a bed of bluebonnets and pose!

This is the most beautiful time of year in Southern Texas. I don't remember bluebonnets when we lived in Ft. Worth or Midland. But just going to the corner of our street today, the road sides are in full bloom. When we first moved here six years ago, I would take the boys, dressed in their Easter (or at least "Springy") clothes and make them sit in the bed of flowers and smile! "Just ignore that bee boys. It won't hurt you," I remember telling them! I would make them look down, look up, smile, look serious, smell the flowers -- poor boys! That could be why a couple of years ago as we were driving in the car and I exclaimed, "Oh, look at all the bluebonnets!" Connor groaned and said, "I guess we have to go do pictures again, huh?" Well, I knew at that point they had outgrown that tradition! I haven't even made them step on a bluebonnet again. In fact, the last picture I can find of them was taken in 2004. So, I may have to take them this weekend!!


No matter how old they are, I still want their picture. (Yes, mom, I sound like you!) But, really, isn't this beautiful?



No comments: