Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In Honor of Those Who Have Served

School projects have been taking over our house lately. However, this project was a special one in that it celebrates all those who have fought for our country.

For years, the 8th graders have been given the assignment of finding a veteran, interviewing them and then constructing a poster about them. Local news crews come every year and do a bit from the school.

These posters, over 1,000 of them, are hanging in the trees in front of the school this week for Veteran's Day.

We actually have several Veteran's in our family that Connor could choose from. Both of my grandfather's served as did Chris's grandfather and a couple of uncles. However, Connor chose my dad, who served in Vietnam. My dad doesn't talk much about his time there; so, I enjoyed finding out the answers to the questions Connor asked him also. I know Connor has a love for the military and this was a special assignment for him to get to know Papa a little more!

So today, and everyday, thank you to all who have served our country! And, a special "thank you" to my dad!!

No comments: