Monday, November 3, 2008

Country Music is Now Banned From Our House!

WARNINGS:
#1: You must be a true country music fan to understand this post.
#2: I apologize profusely to anyone reading this. We really do try to be good role models and teach morals to our children! :)


After spending seven hours at the baseball fields yesterday, we decided to stop at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Chuy's. I think I have mentioned it before -- it is a slice of New Mexico heaven here in the Tex-Mex world! They actually have Hatch Green Chile!!

Chris and I saw an ad sitting at our table for a new drink called the New Mexico Martini. We decided to share one. As we each took sips of it, I commented on how much like a Margarita it tasted instead of like a Martini. (Another warning: I am NOT a drinker, so the fact that I am discussing this is comical in itself!) Chris looked at the ad and it said it used tequila.

We continued drinking through our dinner. It came in this shaker so there was probably enough martini to fill two glasses. Chris filled up the glass with the rest of what was in the shaker and told me to drink up. I informed him that I had had plenty! We teased back and forth when our 12-year-old piped up and said, "Mom, you know tequila makes your clothes fall off!"

1 comment:

Danette said...

oh, I hope Papa reads this!