Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What Christmas Looks Like at My House

Last year, I joined the hundreds of others who linked on to BooMama's Christmas Home Tour. I am so glad I did because as I was decorating this year, I went back to those old postings to see where I had put a few things. (I know I say often how my memory is bad -- but it REALLY IS bad!!) Those pictures made me realize that my mantle last year was really boring -- so off to the store I went! :)


I decided not to join BooMama this year; but, did want to post pictures of our house anyway. My parents are the only family who have been to our house at Christmastime; so, if nothing else, the rest of our family can see how everything looks. In all reality, these pictures are actually going to help me next year when I am decorating!!


This is my "snowflake" tree. I have red, green and white jingle bells and white snowflakes all over it. In Houston, this is usually the only snow we see!

My homemade Santa greets you in the entryway in his "twiggy" sled.

Our England Santa sits on our Dining Room table. As I said last year, this poor Santa's view is sure not the same as it was a few years ago. Chris and I were standing on a street in Stratford-Upon-Avon looking at Shakespeare's home. I turned around and this Christmas store was behind us. In the window, looking toward Shakespeare's home was this Santa! I had to have him!!

Welcome to our living room. If you can't tell, I LOVE snowmen! This is actually a bit odd since I don't like being cold and told Chris that I never want to live anywhere that is cold! I am getting very accustomed to Texas' hot, soupy weather!







This tree is sitting on my kitchen counter. When we brought it home a few weeks ago, we told the boys that was our tree this year. (You would think they would quit listening to us for as often as we tease them!) I said they would only get enough gifts to go under that tree. Colby looked heartbroken; however, Connor gladly said, "That's OK. The cell phone I want will fit perfectly under that!" Ha!!

Decorating the tree...




Some of my favorite ornaments...




Merry Christmas to all!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

It looks beautiful!! I have about half of my stuff up this year and can't remember from one year to the next what I have done with everything!

I do love the cold weather, though!