Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Glimpse Into My Future

There was a period of three hours last night that both boys were with other people AT THE SAME TIME!! Connor spent the weekend at RUSH (our church's Disciple Now) and Colby went with his best bud to watch his brother BMX race. After finishing up with dinner, I asked Chris if he wanted to go to Target with me because I needed to get a few things. "Sure, " he said. We proceeded to walk around and look at everything from sheets to video games to greeting cards. We then got in the car and went in search of a Marble Slab Creamery. We have been doing the South Beach diet for the last two weeks; so, Marble Slab was heavenly!!! After we finished our ice cream full of mixins' and placed in a dipped and rolled cone (why not go ALL out?!?), we walked back to the car. I asked Chris, "So, is this what empty nesters do on a Saturday night?" "Yup!"

Maybe we'll mix it up a bit with a trip to Walmart now and then!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Doesn't happen to us much, and when it does, Scot is usually out of the country so I'm by myself. Which I find is wonderful in theory, but quickly gets old and I miss my boys.