Monday, July 13, 2009

I Come From A Long Line of Love

Chris and I come from great "marriage genes". My two sets of grandparents and Chris's two sets of grandparents were all married for at least 50 years if not more. Chris' parents have been married for over 50 years and my parents just had their 40th anniversary in June.

My sister and I decided it would be fun to take our families, our parents and our grandma to one of the spots my parents went to on their honeymoon. One of their stops was in the mountains of Chama, NM. My sister and I did some digging and the cabins where they stayed are still in business -- so we booked two of them and loaded our vehicles with enough food for weeks and all met there for a weekend of fun.

A good "camping" experience MUST have some s'more cooking involved!



In order to prepare for our ride on the Cumbres/Toltec Railroad, Nanny read "The Little Engine That Could" before we all turned in for the night.


Saturday was a big day...train ride from Chama to Antonito, CO and then ending the evening with a Chuckwagon Dinner at the Elk Horn Lodge.








Everyone from age 2 to 82 had a blast! It was a fun weekend in honor of our parents!

Today is Chris' and my 18th anniversary. Eighteen years is a long time in some respects and yet when I think about the 40+ years that all of our parents and grandparents spent together, it really is not that long. I am glad, too. I don't feel like we have been married that long. I love sharing my life with him. We have come a long way and I can't wait to see what our future holds!

Happy Anniversary, honey! I love you!!

No comments: