Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Three Days Late

I have SO MUCH to blog about thanks to an amazing last two weeks of summer vacation and the start of school. However, the head cold of all head colds came to visit me and I am just now feeling ready to tackle life!

I will begin with the biggest news of the week...SCHOOL STARTED!!

I always take that first day of school photo. As you will be able to tell, Connor just tolerated that this year...oh, can you imagine how joyful he will look on his first day of his Senior year?!?





For his 8th grade year, Connor is excited to have his second year of Spanish, be an office aide and play football. Unfortunately, there is math, science, U.S. History and Language Arts that has to be attended as well!! He does love school and has even talked mom into cooking him a real breakfast every morning!


Yep...pancakes, eggs and bacon. Poor Chris has asked me for 18 years to cook him breakfast...hmmm.

Colby is enjoying his 3rd grade year as well. It will be a big year as the all-important TAKS test begins in the 3rd grade.

Honestly, I was not yet ready for them to head to school. Both boys are going to continue playing baseball this Fall; so, with football and school, the routine is going to change dramatically from our laid back summer! I am sure once we get back in a routine, I will once again be happy to have my "Hours of Solitude"!!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I miss my boys, too!!!

Can't wait to hear all about the trip to New York and the trip you took for baseball!! You have lots to report on!