Friday, May 28, 2010

I'll Love You Forever

Fourteen years ago today, God sent a life-changing little package to me -- (well, if you think a 9 pound package is small :) ).

The hospital didn't send home an instruction manual explaining what to do when you cried or were still hungry after eating ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT! They just handed me the sweet little bundle that I knew would break. Dad thought you would break too and had me ride home right next to you as he drove very slowly!

Little did we know that you were a firecracker from day one -- strong-willed and independent! I am sure God has gotten many laughs from the way He has taught me patience. I had to grow up and be responsible for another person.

And not only that, but I had to learn how to be a BOY mom!! The only toys you loved were trucks and tractors. You and I learned all about them and their working parts together. We spent many hours on the ground pushing cars around and many hours on the couch reading books. I would do everything I could to get you still enough to fall asleep just so I could fall asleep too!!

It amazes me how fourteen years have already flown by. I am also amazed at the young man you are growing into. You are a blast!

You are a true leader.

You are talented.

People love being around you.

You are smart.

You give everything 110%.

You are NOT shy!

You are so funny!

You are not afraid to stand up for what you believe and I am so thankful for that!

As you are getting ready to enter high school in August, I can not wait to see what you will achieve. As your 8th grade English teacher said, "You have an endless supply of energy and when you learn to channel that energy you will be unstoppable."

Happy Birthday, my sweet first-born!

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.



No comments: