Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Master Packer

Before I got married, there was a certain method to my packing a suitcase...pile everything I wanted to take into a pile and then cram it in! If it all didn't fit, I'd just bring another suitcase!

That method abruptly changed soon after our wedding when the whole Marshall clan went to Hawaii for two weeks. I was informed that I would have one suitcase -- for TWO WEEKS!! I don't remember how that turned out...evidently it did 'cuz I'm still married and I've traveled lots with the whole Marshall clan so I wasn't "kicked out" based on my packing skills!!

I guess I just don't have the packing gene. Chris does. He is The Master Packer. The boys and I love to sit and watch Chris pack a suitcase. He is very organized and there is not a space that goes unused. It probably also helps because he does not take a lot of stuff. Weird!

He left today for two weeks in China. Here is his pile...FOR TWO WEEKS!!

I sat there and watched him pack it neatly into his just-a-size-above-a-carry-on suitcase...

...and quickly reminded him that in six weeks when we leave for Italy, his packing skills will get a challenge!

1 comment:

Keri said...

It amazes me that Scot can pack for 2 weeks in a carry-on....he is a master packer too!!! Granted he needs 2 pairs of shoes and a small amount of toiletries....surely that makes the biggest difference!