Friday, June 3, 2011

I Know You Are At The Edge of Your Seats

It's finally over...my baby graduated from elementary school yesterday. I had really been dreading the day that Colby would be finished with Buckalew. It has been a great school for both boys. I figured that I would need a box of kleenex and would completely embarrass my husband and son as I sat and sniffed and blew!

Well....I did not use ONE kleenex -- not one! Not one tear fell down my cheek... Not sure why; but, I was fine!

I was filled with happiness at the fortune we have to live in a place where I know for a fact that his next school is just as good as the one he is leaving. I was filled with pride as I saw him on that stage and was reminded of how he has learned, grown and matured. He even received the President's Award for Educational Excellence just like his brother did five years before.

A big swim party for the 200 4th graders ended their day. He was having a great day and I loved watching him with his buddies. When I picked him up, he was exhausted and excited for summer!

He is SO ready for summer, he couldn't wait for his dad to give him his "Summer 'Do"!!

No comments: