Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's All In the DNA

It is no secret that my men LOVE cars. All kinds of cars -- new cars, old cars, fast cars, loud cars, FAST cars...

The highlight of Colby's weekend is taking a drive with Dad in the Corvette. I always know when they are close to home because I can hear it from about a mile away -- I can hear the engine AND the rubber being left at the corners!

There is one thing that will stop a weekend spin faster than any other thing -- rain. The Corvette does not go out in the rain. It's a Sunny Day Stroll-kinda' car.

Colby got his "dream" bike last week. We discussed what we should do with his old bike. Selling it was the decision we came to since we don't need it. Colby rides his bike to school and locks it up along with hundreds of other bikes, leaving it out in the elements all day long.

Two days after he got his bike, there was a chance of rain. When he heard it may rain he quickly made a different decision -- his old bike would be his rainy-day bike! I wonder where he got that idea?!? Sweet boys -- and their toys!!

So on rainy days, if you should walk into our garage, you will now find Colby's Haro parked next to Chris's Corvette!

1 comment:

Keri said...

My boys love cars too....Top Gear is their favorite show these days. Apparently it's really funny too because I hear all three of them laughing hysterically while watching it!

They would lose their minds here where seeing Ferraris and Lamborghinis and Masseratis is just par for the course. Never mind the Bentleys and Rolls Royces. It is so crazy expensive to own a car here I don't know how these people afford it but they are everywhere!!

Me? I could honestly care less unless I'm actually driving the car. I do love driving a fast car!