Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Say Tomatoe, I Say Tomato

Another last today...Writing Cafe.

Each year in elementary school, the parents are brought in and "served" a menu of our kids' writing. It is always amazing to see samples of their stories throughout the year. They improve SO much! The kids have a theme for the day -- decorating the room and dressing the part. For example, in 1st grade, the parents went to Mrs. Snyder's Seafood Shack. Buckets of shells and crabs were centerpieces and the kids all dressed in Hawaiian shirts. Adorable!

This year, we were told to have the kids dress in black. I asked Colby this morning what the theme was this year. He said, "Well, I will greet you and say Merci." Although he pronounced it mer-si, not mer-see.

I said, "What?"

"Oh, I don't know. But I also say Bon Appetit -- I don't even know what THAT means!"

No comments: