Thursday, October 11, 2007

If I Were A Rich Girl

So, what is the deal with all of these celebrities having personal trainers? If I ever become so rich I don't know what else to do with my money, I am getting a personal masseuse! I want a massage EVERYDAY!

I have just gotten back from a "Day at the Spa"!! My wonderful husband was aware that the last few weeks have been extremely challenging and stressful for me and came home one night with a card and certificate to a posh little spa in Market Street. I had a deep tissue/hot stone massage that was out of this world! Then I went for a pedicure and ended up buying the nail polish -- a yummy deep purple called "Have You Seen My Limo" by OPI. I ended my time with a manicure and even got polish on my nails!! (I haven't put polish on my nails since I had kids!) I was told that today I must refrain from cooking, getting hot clothes out of a dryer, or iron so as not to do damage to my manicure! I can do that! So, instead, I am gingerly pecking away at the keyboard!!

As I was getting my massage, I remembered that 1,000 miles away, at that same time, my mom had chemo medicine coursing through her veins. Life is just not fair! She is near the end of her treatments and has kept the most amazing attitude and been totally blessed with little sickness through the past 6 months; however, it still isn't fair. My sister and I are taking her on a Spa Weekend when she is done with chemo. We are looking forward to our "girl weekend" -- a celebration of her 60th birthday and being done with chemo treatments! I may even have to bring my "Have You Seen My Limo" polish to share!

I guess I really am a rich girl...I am blessed with a great, caring husband who can see when I need a break from real life, and I have a mom who has been a true role model to everyone during her illness. Our family has learned not to take things for granted and to enjoy the times we spend together even more. I guess I wouldn't trade my life for a daily massage after all!

1 comment:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

What a great way to look at things. I'll pray for your mom's full recovery.

Oh- and that nail polish sounds FABULOUS!