Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This and That

As I click on all my blogging "buddy's" sites, I am comforted that they all seem to be in the same state of limbo that I am...between busyiness, sickness, and not having much to say, I have not been posting like I thought I could AND would!! So, today are random thoughts that I have on life the last few weeks.

1. Three weeks ago, one of my dearest friends turned 40! Her birthday is exactly two weeks before mine. I only turned 36! However, the realization that I am closer to 40 than to 30 was a little overwhelming!! But, Glenda's birthday got me thinking that I remember when I was little and my parents and their friends were in their 40's. I thought that was old! Wow!!

2. Turning 36 was not a difficult process for me because I was so sick with strep throat I really just wanted to die on the night of my birthday! I sat up long enough to open my gift from Chris and the boys, smile, and try to say a heartfelt "thanks" and then collapsed back onto the couch. Within 24 hours, I was feeling so much better and wondering what on earth did my grandparents do when they were sick and didn't have today's drugs?!?

3. For some insane reason, I agreed to co-chair the yearbook committee for Connor's school. One other lady and I have been working on this yearbook since May of 2007 -- it doesn't go out until June of 2008! Besides the pure hugeness of producing a book for 1200 students, I have been "inducted" into PTA politics. I have purposefully stayed away from PTO and PTA and just been a "helper" all these years. After this year is over, I will happily go back to my title of "helper". Way too many controlling women.

4. The moms coached the Hooks baseball game on Sunday night. We won 16-0. It turned out to be a lot of fun even though the head coach made us do it to stop our complaining concerning how he coaches. I fully realize that the boys did not win that game because I was on 1st base telling them to "Go!" or get "Back!" or because Cindy was in the dugout letting them sit on special buckets because they were sitting out that inning! I know it has to do with the umpteen hours of practices and games from REAL coaches that allowed those 10 boys to win Sunday night. But, they all had fun whether they want to admit it or not. And I realize why it is so hard to hold your temper when an ump makes a bad call!!

5. Last night, Connor's 6th grade band got to play at the Junior High School's football game. I don't understand football and couldn't tell you anything that was going on. At one point, Colby looked at me and said, "Mom, this is nothing like baseball." So, I sat and watched the cheerleaders who were cheering in front of us. Do you know that they are cheering the same cheers we did 20 years ago?? It was so fun. I wanted to learn the hand clapping on this one cheer, but didn't want to embarrass Chris! Anyway, it made me realize how naive we are when we are young..."our" football team was losing 28-8 (and I overheard a mom tell another mom that their record is 1 and 3) and those little cheerleaders were still yelling their hearts out about how "we're number 1!"

6. Today was "Walk to School Day" at Colby's school. Glenda and I got the boys' scooters and I made them stop to take their picture. It occurred to me as we are walking past all the cars stopped at the 4-way stop to get to school and I was taking pictures of Ethan and Colby up ahead that Chris would NEVER have let me do that if he was with me!! Hee!Hee!

7. After I got home, I steam cleaned the carpets upstairs. Twice a year I do a deep clean of the house. I start up high in one corner and work my way down and across each room. Cleaning the carpets was all that was left to do upstairs. I normally get the whole house done the first week of school; however, I have been working on this for about 2 weeks now. But, I can say that the upstairs is done!! And, maybe, if I'm lucky, I will finish the downstairs before Spring when it will be time to do it again!


That's all I have. Have a good day!!

1 comment:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Glad to check in with you and hear what you are up to. Hope you are feeling better--the bugs going around have been NASTY!