Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Earth Day

I woke up this morning with the itch to plant flowers. I realize that on Earth Day you are supposed to plant trees and such -- but let me tell you, my muscles feel like I planted lots of trees today instead of about 75 individual flowers!! Plus, by the time I was finished, I had LOTS of earth in my fingernails, legs, arms, running down my face, etc...


Surely, this carload would be enough!!





But, after 3 hours of planting, I decided I still need more color or something! I figure this weekend Chris will help me put the finishing touches on our flower beds. So, I will share my "before" pictures now and once I am pleased with the outcome, I will post my "after" pictures.








I do have to share my new tool. It is made by OXO (I thought they only made awesome kitchen utensils!!). It has measurements on it so you know how far you have dug into the ground and the best part are the teeth on the sides that can cut through even the toughest roots!!



Once Colby got home from school, we raced over to the high school to watch Connor compete in the Spring Fun Run. He tried out for it at his school and because he had a fast enough one-mile time, he was able to run in a contest of other 6th grade boys in our area. He ended up coming in 12th, which was great! I was tired just watching all those kids!! I was reminded of something today that made me laugh out loud. When I was younger, I really liked the name "Forrest" to name a son if I ever had a son. Well, luckily, "Forrest Gump" came out BEFORE I had a son or else today I would have been shouting, "Run, Forrest, Run!!"



4 comments:

Danette said...

I am so calling him Forest! AND...oh my gosh, how big does he look....I guess it has been like 5 months....wow!
D

Anonymous said...

you mean I have to work when I get home??????

Danette said...

I'm planting rose bushes and clematis vines today, and bought me one of those cool tools!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

I'm thinking those beds look nice even without flowers, so I can't wait to see the after pics!