Friday, April 18, 2008

Those Were the Days

I was just sitting at the computer sending some e-mails when a commercial stopped my typing fingers. I hear these ladies start, "Mary Mack, Mack, Mack All dressed in black, black, black, With silver buttons, buttons, buttons, All down her back, back, back..." Talk about a time warp!! Those hand-clapping rhymes were all we girls did at recess time! The ad was for Oreos and even said, "It's recess time again!"

Remember the one about McDonald's? Something about "Big Mac, Filet of Fish, icy coke, french fries..."? When I went to GA camp at Inlow, we did that rhyme so much that when my parents picked me up from church, I made them take me straight to McDonald's! That was the best hamburger, fries, coke and cherry pie I had ever had!

Great memories!! Thanks, O-R-E-O!

No comments: