Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Changes and Risks

A week ago today, Chris resigned from the company that he had worked for for over 14 years. A company that hired him fresh out of college and who molded him and shaped him into the businessman he is today.

This last week I have been made aware of how big an impact Chris made on many people's lives. When he came home Wednesday afternoon, he was truly spent. It was probably one of the most emotional days he has ever had. He said the people streamed into his office after hearing he was leaving to tearfully tell him goodbye. The e-mails and phone calls we continue to still get are amazing to me. I guess, being the wife and not seeing my man in action at work, I always wondered what kind of a boss/co-worker he was. I have my answer and can say that I am so proud of him. He has left a positive mark on many.

Some may say we are crazy, especially in today's business climate. We also are not ones who like change or risk-taking. This might be why it took us three months to decide that this was a risk we should take.

When we went to Mt. Rushmore this past summer, a park ranger gave a talk on the four presidents and the risks that shaped them into the great men they became. This park ranger had a funny way of saying "risks" and would really emphasize the "sks" at the end. She also used the word "risks" at least twice per sentence. By the end of her presentation all four of us were hysterical. "Risks" has become a word we will say to each other and then will all laugh and be transported back to a great summer vacation.

Come Monday, Chris will start fresh at a new company. I know he will do great; but, it is a little nerve-racking for me and I am sure for him as well. The "what-if's" were too great not to try this risk...I am confident this risk will shape him into an even greater man.

In the meantime, Chris is off until next Monday and has been working on projects around the house. Remember my post a few months back, "All That's Left is the Finishing Up"? Well...he is "finishing things up"!!! It is also Spring Break and we all are loving having Daddy home with us!

1 comment:

Keri said...

That is very exciting for you guys!!! I am looking forward to Scot's next venture knowing it will require some risks. It can start to really freak me out if I think about it too much! At least I know that having faith in God is not risky at all......it's a sure thing!