Thursday, January 14, 2010

Loosing Pounds

Did anyone happen to hear a huge sigh of relief coming from South Central Texas yesterday?? It came from the bellows of my house!

I have gotten a "bug" of sorts and have been throwing away/giving away huge amounts of "stuff"!

The first of December, I began feeling like my house was swallowing me up -- or, the stuff in my house, I should say. And Christmas was coming, so more "stuff" was going to have to find a home in my house!! Ugggh! I heard recently that if you wouldn't want to move a certain item into a new home, then you should get rid of it. And, maybe that was the root of our overcrowded problem. We haven't moved in a long time!! It was easy to keep miscellaneous stuff at bay when it was packed up and moved once every 2-3 years!!

So, away I went with a mission. Within the first week, I had a pile of stuff for the donation truck...



Then, they came back four days later to take away a piece of furniture I didn't want anymore.

Yesterday, the final truck came to pick up this...



...and my house finally exhaled!

My husband hasn't been hit by the bug quite as hard as me and so if the next sound you hear coming from South Central Texas is the sound of a nails hammering things to the floor and walls, you can bet it is my husband trying to save the rest of the "stuff" from being hauled onto the sidewalk for the next donation truck!!

No comments: