Thursday, January 7, 2010

We Are Now "The Techy Family"

We have had a desktop computer for 15 years or so. There were several times before we would upgrade to a newer, more powerful computer that we would call our computer bad names!

By the first week of December, I was ready to throw ours out the window because it was so slow and messed up -- I mean, having to wait for Facebook to come up is reason for such insanity, right?!?

The decision to get a new computer was easy; the decision on what kind of computer brought on an attitude of trepidation. After making a list of pros and cons, we went with a Mac Laptop. I have friends who love their Macs and I have friends who say how they are so hard to figure out after owning a desktop -- Let me just say...,"I LOVE MY MAC!!!"

It is fast, has an awesome program for all my pictures, makes total sense to me, and this whole "Laptop" thing is ingenious!! In fact, I am sitting on my couch typing away!

My main concern was that we would need two laptops to keep our family of four happy. But, Santa took care of that by way of the ITouch and IPhone. The boys got ITouch's for Christmas and I got an IPhone. So, if you should walk up to our house and peek in, this is what you'll see...Connor, Colby and me on the couch each with our handheld device playing games, surfing the web, checking Facebook/e-mails -- and Chris on his chair with the laptop in his lap playing games, surfing the web, checking Facebook/e-mails! We are a NERDY family!

I will have to say that the IPhone may be an even greater invention than my Mac Laptop because it can do it all and fit in my purse. I can leave the house and not worry about changes in baseball schedules because I can check anytime I want. I can play games while sitting in a waiting room or at practice...awesome!!

I now have two concerns: 1. my marriage -- Chris and I have been guilty of "talking" to each other via Facebook while in the same room! 2. which applications to buy next!

1 comment:

Keri said...

We are a Mac family as well!! I have an iPhone and I LOVE it....maybe a little too much! Mac computer in the kitchen and hopefully a laptop before the big move so I can be mobile!

Congratulations!