Monday, December 17, 2007

Decking the Halls

Christmas Tour of Homes



Okay. So in much anticipation of BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes I had nightmares ALL night last night!! Those who know me know that I fret over the silliest things!! I had already gone around my house with my camera to take shots of different Christmasy things last week. However, it hit me yesterday evening that I hadn't taken any of our front yard. The lighting was perfect and if I stood just-so, no one would be able to see the 11 bags of leaves piled at the end of the driveway!! Chris and Colby were in the garage doing "manly things" and I asked Colby to please close the garage doors until I was done taking pictures. That brought on a variety of questions and finally Chris calmly said, "Colby, just do it." He has also learned that I fret over silly things!!




Welcome to our home! Please enjoy and may love, laughter, and contentment decorate your home and fill your year! Merry Christmas!


My front door is the first clue that I LOVE snowmen! I made this years ago out of three grapevine wreaths, a scarf, and mittens. Crafty, huh?!?



This may be hard to see but I hung white, red, and green jingle bells and white, glittery snowflakes from our Crepe Myrtle. It's the only way we will see snowflakes in Houston!!




My snowman collection spills over on my sofa table.



I have a few Santa's in my Christmas collection -- two of which I made. He is one of them and the other is propped on the hearth by the fireplace.




I also made the stockings. Wow! I used to be crafty. Not so much any more!!!



Our tree is heavily laden with snowman ornaments!! I (well, actually, Chris!) cuts grapevine wreaths and I use that for garland. It is also kind of hard to see in the picture.



Isn't that the sweetest tree topper ever?!?




I'm ending my tour with my dining room centerpiece. This wooden Santa Claus was sitting in a window looking out at Shakespeare's boyhood home in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Chris and I were there a year and a half ago. I turned around and had to have him! His view is much less interesting now; but, I LOVE looking at him and remembering our amazing trip.



Wherever you may spend the holidays this year, my prayer for you and your family is that you enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells; but, always remember Jesus is the reason we are celebrating!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the snowman collection!! Thanks for the tour. Merry Christmas!!

Val R said...

What a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Merry Christmas!!!

Amanda said...

Your home is so gorgeous! I love the mantle and the beautiful homemade stockings. I am having some made for my family right now. I can't wait!

Melli said...

Oh wow! I LOVE all the snowmen! Especially the VERRRRRRY creative one on the front door -- and the tree topper! WAY cute!

Nadine said...

Love the snowmen. Your home is lovely. Merry Christmas.

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

The snowmen are so cute and your house is beautiful! It felt very warm and cozy. Made me want to kick off my shoes and stay a while:)

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful home you have! thanks for letting us peek inside! and your tree topper is very cute indeed!

Liza on Maui said...

Yes, we can see you love snowmen :)

Merry Christmas :)

His Doorkeeper said...

I am late getting around to all the homes but glad I dropped by Houston to see your lovely home. Your snowmen are so cute! Thanks for sharing and have a Blessed New Year!