Monday, December 31, 2007

Good-bye 2007

As I sit on the couch watching the "highlights" of 2007, I decided I need to journal our families "highlights" for 2007. After all, that is why I started this blog...to jog my horrible long-term memory. (It is pretty sad when my mom is reminding me of things that happened in my children's lives and I don't remember them!!) So here it goes...

January: The first weekend of 2007 was a sure sign of the year's events...Connor had a baseball tournament! My in-laws celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. My grandma turned 80!

February: Baseball tournaments in Beaumont and League City. Both boys began practicing for Spring League baseball.

March: We spent Spring Break at The Happiest Place on Earth! Disney World was everything we hoped it would be and more!! We spent four days at different parks and one day at the Astro's Spring Training. Once again, tournaments in Beaumont and Cy-Fair. Chris traveled to Canada and Europe.

April: Baseball tournaments at Spring/Klein, La Porte, and La Marque and both boys' league games. Chris traveled to Europe, Seattle and Singapore.

May: Chris stayed in Singapore through the first week of May. Connor's major project of 5th grade was finally finished. He chose Bill Gates to research and portray in the 5th grade Wax Museum. The month was full of Park Days for both boys and end of year parties. Colby said "goodbye" to kindergarten and Mrs. Reynolds. A kindergarten program was held the last day of school. Each student had to dress like a bug. Colby was the cutest spider I've ever seen! Connor said "See you next year" to LC 12 and Mrs. Wauters, Mrs. Bentle, Mrs. Rigby and Mrs. Kouns. Chris turned 37 and Connor turned 11. AND, more baseball tournaments at Spring/Klein and Katy as well as both boys' league games. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's/Lymphoma.

June: This summer brought lots of activities! Yes, baseball tournaments...Humble and Cy-Fair. Also, Connor had Preteen Camp in Sherman, TX; band camp; and, both boys had VBS. I got to see Kenny Chesney in concert!! Colby and I spent a week in Albuquerque with my mom. I tried on wigs for her and we had lots of laughs at how much I looked like her!! I went with her to chemo treatments and learned a little about what she was going through. She turned 60! Chris spent some time in Canada. Connor accepted Jesus as his Savior!

July: All of Connor's prior baseball tournaments had a point -- to prepare for World Series. We spent a week in Lake Charles, LA with our "second family". The Hooks came in 10th out of 28...not bad! Chris and I celebrated our 16 Anniversary! Colby had FROG (Fully Rely On God) Camp at church.

August: The boys spent a week with my in-laws at "Cousin's Week". A week when the younger cousins (you have to be between 4 and 16) spend with my in-laws doing fun things! I spent that week at my parents house -- just the three of us! Chris was in England. My mom and I spent that week deep cleaning her house, going through my old high school momentos and a little shopping. The boys and I stayed another week and a half with my parents and then drove to my sister's family's new house in Wylie, TX. Got home in time to watch the excavators begin digging a BIG hole in my backyard!! Baseball once again picked up for both boys and the school bus began its route as well! Chris was in Dubai and couldn't help me celebrate the first day of having both boys in all-day school!!! I began my "job" as Yearbook Chair at Mitchell Intermediate School -- which also brought many hours of volunteering for other projects!

September: I spent many hours at Mitchell -- found out why I have stayed away from PTA for so many years! League baseball for both boys and tournaments in Humble and at Spring/Klein. I turned 36...but my best friend turned 40! :)

October: Connor plays the baritone for Mitchell's Band -- they were asked to play at a Middle School's football game. (I do not understand football at all!) Lots more baseball - Colby began Coach Pitch! My nephew, Judson, turned 1. Chris traveled to England.

November: My in-laws came to visit and came with us to Austin for Connor's State Baseball tournament -- they took 2nd! Our pool was completed!! We spent Thanksgiving in Abilene with my parents and sister and her family and watched it snow 4 inches on Thanksgiving Day! Connor had Park Day and learned to hula!!

December: I met my first yearbook deadline! Hip hip hooray!! The whole family got in the holiday spirit with a Jars of Clay /Third Day concert -- truly awesome! My mom was given the even more awesome news that her cancer cannot be found!! We spent Christmas at home - just the four of us. Cooked a turkey meal with all the trimmings! My parents came on the 26th and we had Christmas #2! They were here to help Colby celebrate his 7th birthday!

We have had a roller coaster of a year; but, have learned to trust God even more than ever. He has shown me to not take for granted what I have and not to hurry life along. We have had a busy year, and as I read back over this, alot of baseball! I wouldn't change any of it! We have had so much fun together! We are truly blessed! I pray 2008 will allow us to grow closer to each other and closer to Him!

No comments: