Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Balloons, Green Chili, and Nieces

Going "home" always brings a flood of good memories and a list of things to do before leaving. I say "home" because Albuquerque will always be my home even though I haven't lived there in over 17 years. Maybe it is because we have moved 9 times and haven't developed the roots at any one place. Whatever the reason, Albuquerque is an awesome city -- beautiful in it's own way and full of uniqueness.

The International Balloon Fiesta happened to be going on while I was there. The Fiesta is one of those events that you take for granted when you live there; but, once you leave, you realize how amazing it is. Mom wasn't feeling well enough to go out to the Park; but, one morning the wind was blowing in the right direction to send some of the over 600 balloons to my parents house! I was like a kid staring out the window oohing and ahhing. Finally, I gave it up and went outside in my pj's with my camera to get a few shots.



Getting a good New Mexico green chili fix is also a must and I did get some good Mexican food and sopapillas! I also got my Dion's salad and slice of green chili/pepperoni pizza a few times! I totally should have took a picture of the Dion's sign since my sister and I helped support it that week we were there!!

My sister brought her four kids with her and they stayed at their other grandparents house. She has two boys, ages 7 and 2 and two girls, ages 4 and 5. Well, the girls have been wanting to come to Aunt DD's house for a "girlie weekend". I decided the next best thing would be to spend a few hours shopping and having lunch together. I picked them up and we proceeded to spend three hours in Target! They tried most every clothing item on that would fit them -- and we bought alot of them as well. They are so full of excitement and are so much fun! I definitely do not know how my sister can keep up with all that energy all the time though! Just the time in the dressing room was chalked full of blogging ideas. I so wished I had a tape recorder so I could remember all the things they said. It was summed up by Jadyn, the four year old, who looked up at me and with big eyes and a serious look said, "DD, I talk too much!"

No comments: