Friday, October 31, 2008

It Must Be In The Blood

Chris and I got married in July. I thought, after knowing him for five years, that I knew everything about him. Then, Halloween approached. My engineering-student husband started doodling on his graph paper and hence a tradition was created.

Chris came up with detailed, goofy jack-o-lanterns that boasted ears and noses like none I have seen. Shoot, we didn't have a Christmas tree for the first two years of marriage...but, by golly, we carved those pumpkins!!

Once the boys were born, carving pumpkins became a "father-son" deal. I just take the pictures documenting their creativity. Well, this year, Chris is out-of-town. So last night, the boys became men and carved their own pumpkins. I guess it's in their blood (or they just like to play with knives)!




Connor carved a Bald Eagle and Colby carved a spider. I think their dad will be proud!

Happy Halloween to all!!

No comments: