Friday, October 10, 2008

An Emotional Two-Week Roller Coaster

The past two weeks have both flown by and dragged on and on. I was to have flown to Albuquerque on the 24th of September to help my mom and dad. Unfortunately, mom had a major setback and ended up in the hospital for a total of 19 days. She went home on her scheduled day only to return the next day when a fever and infection had set in. I postponed my trip by a few days so I could maximize my time with her at home. I ended up going on Saturday the 27th and didn't return home until the 8th of October.

Before going to Albuquerque, my mother-in-law went into the hospital as well. She has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She is still in the hospital after being there for two weeks.

Needless to say, my time in Albquerque was a bit draining; but also very rewarding. I was able to see my mom at what she perceived as her weakest but I perceived as her strongest. I am proud to have been there to help her when she needed my help. My sister came and she, my mom, my dad and I actually enjoyed being just the four of us. I believe we will be thankful for those weeks forever.

My sister-in-law and I would meet for lunch and talk about this "new stage" of our lives. Our parents are getting older and as much as we want to rewind time, we can't. We have to be strong and relish every moment we have with them and each other. Life is full of the unknown.

I can't imagine living life without my husband and without God. How do single people and non-Christians make it in this world?

Chris took over the household while I was gone and did a fabulous job! When I got home, the house was clean, laundry done, groceries bought and dinner was already cooked! He definitely knows my love language!!!

I am thankful for all God has given me and even for the difficult times He allows. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's. He has given me a snapshot of why I need to slow down and enjoy each day and each person in my life!

No comments: