Thursday, September 25, 2008

Addiction

The computer scares me.

I hear all the bad stuff that could happen -- identity theft, crazies in chatrooms, child predators --. I even make Chris open up a fishy-looking e-mail so that if it is a virus, I won't be the one to set it off. The attitude I have is that if I don't press the button, I will be safe!

I also know, just by joining the blogging world, that time slips away quickly! Luckily, once I catch up with everyone's newest post, I can walk away until the next day.

So, in the past when I have gotten invitations to join a friend's FaceBook page, I have quickly deleted them. I don't want everyone to know my stuff! HOWEVER, last week I received an invitation from a friend from high school. She is planning our 20th High School reunion. (Honestly? How can it be 20 years?) This was a way for her to find as many people as possible in an easy way. So I decided, "What the heck. I'll do it to let people know where I am; but, I WON'T post anything personal!" Well...I am hooked, addicted, loving fb!! I have come into contact with so many people that I haven't heard from in at least 17-20 years! To see their families, what they have become, where they live is so fun! There is even one guy that works 2 miles from my house!! I haven't seen him since my wedding 17 years ago in Albuquerque! Now I find out he has been 2 miles from my house -- talk about a small world!

The downside is that fb will eat up your day! You can chat away or look up people and the next thing you know it has been hours since you left the computer and it is way past dinnertime and you haven't started cooking yet(not that I have done that or anything!)

After being on fb for awhile, I feel safe enough to post albums and chat up a storm! I sure hope I don't regret pushing that 'Join' button.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Just realized Kay has a blog and then followed the link to yours.........so fun to keep up with you guys!

Scot works in The Woodlands now and he keeps telling me we may move there......I'll let you know!