Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's Off To Work I Go

A couple of weeks ago I began thinking about how I was going to fill my five days a week once the kids started back to school. Last year, I spent almost everyday at either Connor's school or Colby's school or some days both schools! I decided that although I enjoy being involved in their classes and schools, I was NOT going to be SO involved this year. So besides the random party for Colby and pep rally for Connor, this year looked bare.

The Friday before school started, a friend from church called and asked me if I would like to work in our church's Mother's Day Out program. In fact, this is how I met her -- she was Colby's 3-year-old teacher when I took him to MDO. I told her I would think about it. Well, as it turned out, they had a new one-day a week program for 17-24 month-olds that needed one more teacher. So, I figured I would "ease back into the work force"!!

I just got home from my six hours of work this week and am plum worn out!!! However, our kids were perfect. A great first day! Hardly no crying, they all played well together, all but one fell asleep at nap time, and the day flew by! They are also so adorable, I could eat them up!

I do have to say that it doesn't seem that long ago that I was one of those eager moms dropping off her child on Thursday morning, excited about spending the day doing whatever I wanted to do. And, then I remember that excitement of seeing my baby after spending the day without him and being curious as to how his day was without me. I am so thankful that I can do this for these few moms. I hope they relish this age because before they turn around they will be sending their "babies" to 6:30 am football practice and 2nd grade too!!

No comments: