Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Wonderful World of Blog

I just saw that I began this blog a little over a year ago -- Sept. 5, 2007. I have to say I figured after a few months the newness would have fizzled out and I would not be blogging anymore! However, I have enjoyed this. I have stated over and over that I have a horrible memory; so, this has been a fun way to record our life. I have gone back on days that are not busy and enjoyed reading about our last year -- and say to myself, "Oh, yeah! I forgot about that!"

I have also enjoyed making new "friends" in the world of blog. I know that they don't have a clue who I am; but, I feel like I am one of their best friends because I religiously read their blogs everyday. I love reading about their kids and their new grocery finds! :) In fact, we are thinking about spending Thanksgiving in San Antonio and I am tempted to get in touch with Big Mama to get her ideas on where to have a great Thanksgiving meal!

The one addition that I never did think about is the finding of "old" friends in the world of blog. Just within the last few weeks, I have reconnected with one of my dearest friends from high school, Kay. She is one of about three that I do keep in touch with -- the Christmas cards and the dinner out when we both happen to be home at the same time -- and she ended up having the link to another friend of ours that I have not seen or spoken to in close to 20 years. I knew she lived only a short distance from me (like about 30 minutes) but life got in my way... With these two blogs I can keep up on my friends lives and see what they have become and how their families are and know that I could totally call them for advice on Thanksgiving dinner!!

Yesterday I received mail from Kay. Tucked in the envelope were five pictures from 1993 or 1994 of me, Kay and our other BFF, Tyla. (Wow! Was I homely looking! I am glad I do not have a scanner because I would feel the need to scan these in to post on my blog. At least I have a good excuse to not share!!) They had come to Stillwater, OK from Albuquerque to bring me my bridesmaid's dress for Tyla's wedding. The three of us were the best of friends in high school and I have so many amazing memories with them. We actually went on a few road trips when we were 16 and 17 -- can't believe our mothers allowed that!! We were in drill team, on yearbook staff, and Honor Society together. We were in each other's weddings. Unfortunately marriage took Kay and I away from Albuquerque; but, I am so blessed to still have her in my life and thanks to the blogging world, get a glimpse of her everyday life all these years later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i made it into someone else's blog!!!! fun!!! Davedda, we do have something special that will never leave us, no matter where we are... love you! kay