Saturday, January 15, 2011

Date Night

For as long as we have had boys in baseball, we have always had practice on Friday nights. I guess it isn't that big of a deal considering we are not wild and crazy social people who like to hit the town on a Friday night; but, sometimes I would rather be at home snuggled on the couch watching a movie instead....well, OK, MOST of the time!

As time has marched on and Connor is getting older, his practices have ceased on Friday nights. This helps because instead of dropping one off and heading to the next place we can at least stay and watch Colby's practice.

The other change is that Colby's team has started practicing ONLY on Friday nights -- which I love because the rest of the week isn't as crazy -- but they practice for a longer time.

Because of this, a tradition has begun to emerge. Chris meets us at practice; we tell Colby good-bye; then we head out to have dinner. There is a little Mexican food place across the parking lot from the practice field -- not all that great; but you do get salsa and chips. Or there are numerous fast food joints not too far away. Last night we went to Schlotzsky's!

We then come back to the field, park as close as we can to see Colby and his teammates and then start a rousing game of Scrabble, Yahtzee, or Boggle thanks to my I-Phone!

I have to say that I am liking this Friday night practice schedule now since I get to spend a little alone time with my main man. Sure, I would rather be curled up on the couch with him watching a movie -- but I also love beating him in some Scrabble too!!

No comments: