Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It Is A Sad, Sad Day

It is no secret that I love Regis Philbin. I have watched "Live with Regis and Kelly" since it was "Live with Regis and Kathy Lee"!!

Two summers ago, I was able to check off one of my bucket list items. While in New York City, Chris and I were able to be a part of the audience during a taping of "Live with Regis and Kelly". I really wanted to make sure I saw Regis before he was no longer around!

I have also always said that it will be a terrible day for me when Regis passes on. Crazy, I know! But, after 20+ years of starting my mornings with him -- hearing about him and his family and his life, he has become a part of my family. Yes...I AM crazy! However, I never in a million years thought that I would have to deal with him being alive AND not being a part of "Live with Regis and Kelly"...

As I sat on the couch this morning with my breakfast in my hand listening to the opening music, I didn't expect that in a few short moments Regis was going to come on and announce that he is retiring from the show.

I will tell you the truth -- I am very sad about this and will miss him terribly.




No comments: