Monday, March 28, 2011

Warning: Do Not Get Suckered In!!

I've been hearing about this new thing out there for nails -- essentially, you get them "painted" and they will not chip or peel for 2-4 weeks!! That sounded like a modern miracle to me!!

Once upon a time, I kept my fingernails all painted and pretty. Then, I became a housewife and a mom! It just wasn't worth the hassle. I would spend and hour filing, buffing, and painting them only to go wash a dish or fold some laundry and they would be ruined. It was easier to forget about them.

So, this "Shellac-ing" sounded perfect for me.

After going back and forth about it, I decided to give it a whirl! I went Wednesday and while having my hair colored, I had the lady shellac my nails! I felt like a princess -- one lady working on my hair; another on my nails. And, then, not even worrying about how long my nails would stay pretty was just so exciting! In fact, the lady said in 2-4 weeks, after my nail had grown out enough, I would have to come back to get the stuff off because only 100% acetone would take it off. Wonderful!!

Add to that that Chris has been out of town, so cooking and washing dishes have been pretty nil lately -- this should last forever!!

Two days passed and my balloon of hope and amazement popped! One nail was bare.

Three days passed and another nail was bare.

It is now day five and three nails are bare.

You know that saying "If it's too good to be true, it probably is?"...Shellac-ing IS too good to be true! I am here to tell you to not waste your money -- it will just go up in that popped balloon!!

Here are my half-painted hands...luckily I chose a neutral color! Urg!!!


No comments: