Thursday, January 24, 2008

He Got Me

It is anyone's guess how quickly OR happily Colby will get up on any said morning. One morning he will be super sweet and easy and the next he is not so super sweet or easy! Yesterday morning was the absolute worst by far! He was mad at the world before one eye even opened! Needless to say when he got on the bus yesterday morning I already had a ton of "mom guilt" on my shoulders for the way I reacted to his mood.

This morning before I went into his room I quickly asked God to please make this morning much easier than yesterdays. And, He did. Colby got up relatively easy and was actually smiling. (Although I still had to make his lunch in the dark because he doesn't like the kitchen light to be on -- "it's too bright!") It was time to brush his teeth and hair and he ran on ahead of me. When I rounded the corner to my bathroom I heard singing coming from the potty. In a gravely voice (or as gravely as a 7 year old voice can be) Colby was singing, "One way or another I'm gonna get ya, get ya, get ya..." That made me laugh! When he was finished getting ready I asked him where he heard that song. "On a commercial." I told him that song was around when I was his age and I started singing it to him. He thought that was funny. I said, "Colby why are you so happy today and yesterday you were so mad?" He said, "Well, some days I just am too tired!"

I am so thrilled today he was well-rested! Maybe when he is too tired next time, I'll start singing to him in my gravely voice!!

No comments: