Saturday, January 12, 2008

Why God Gave Me Men

Chris is out-of-town. So, I figured the boys and I would do what we would have done on any other non-baseball Saturday, even if Chris was in-town...RAKE!! The grand total today...14 bags!

Colby and I raked and bagged the front yard for about 2 hours this morning and then headed to the backyard. Connor was no where to be seen - which isn't unusual these days! After a while, here comes Connor! "Wow!", I said. Connor said, "I'm here to help you, mom." He proceeded to rake and bag and clean the pool while Colby and I raked and bagged too. As I watched my boys work, I realized that God knew I would need boys instead of girls because when Chris is traveling my boys will take care of me (that is when they aren't fighting!) I think, way to go God! And then we reached the yuckiest part of cleaning up the backyard -- the dog poop! I was fully prepared to go clean it up; but, without even asking Colby went and got the shovel and started towards the pen. I said, "Colby, mommy will do that." He turned and said, "No, mom. I'm a man." (I think I heard the angels singing to me!!)

However, I was brought back to earth a little when Colby came to help bag the last pile of leaves and he matter-of-factly said, "Mom, you stink!" After all, God didn't make men perfect! :)

1 comment:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

As a fellow "boy mommy", this just warms my heart to see what I can look forward to!