Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Week in Review

After raking and raking on Saturday, my girlfriend called and said that her husband was going to watch my boys for me so she and I could go to dinner. She has been wanting me to try this chic little sushi joint that she and her friends frequent. I was willing to try it; but, positive I would be starving afterward! So, I ate lots of snacks before we left!! She ordered and this showed up at our table...

I LOVED them!! She warned me that once I ate them, I would crave them...she was right! We got California Rolls (which I knew was a safe bet), the 7&1/2 Roll, and the Watch Your Butt Roll. Wow!! I will have to take Chris -- and soon!

Wednesday I began Beth Moore's "Stepping Up" Bible Study. It has been a while since I have done a Bible Study and am excited about this one. My sushi-loving girlfriend is going with me, so that is fun! I know Beth is going to challenge me in the next seven weeks!

Thursday I was asked to go to Mitchell and do my yearbooking thing -- take pictures at an assembly. The only thing I knew was that some Astro baseball players were coming to give the 6th graders a presentation. Connor was actually one of ten out of 650 6th graders who were going to get to sit on the front row and go up to ask the players a question! He couldn't have received a higher honor! He was ecstatic!! I was very excited for him and wondered who could be coming...surely no one THAT famous...But in walks 1st Baseman, Lance Berkman, and Pitcher, Roy Oswalt! We were all ecstatic!! They talked to the students for over an hour and took pictures with us crazy adults!! Truly a great day to be involved in school events!!




Chris flew home from England on Thursday afternoon, bringing with him my English weakness...



YUM!! I told him to bring me as many boxes as his suitcase could handle! The funny thing is is that we can buy these exact packages of Shortbread Cookies at Cost Plus World Market, which is only about 15 minutes from our house!! These just somehow TASTE like England, you know?!?

A good week with fun, unexpected adventure! Not normal around here!! I think this next week looks a little more usual!!

1 comment:

Danette said...

Is his arm around you?!? :)