Monday, January 28, 2008

This One's For My Dad

When I was little, my dad used to say that duct tape and baling wire would fix anything. His other saying is, "There is someone who gets paid to do that." He says that alot to my husband.

Chris and I really do like projects. And, luckily, I married a really handy man! Chris has done everything from sprinkler systems, building fences and gates, totally renovating our bathroom -- including plumbing, tiling, rebuilding a wall that was totally crooked! --, crown moulding, baseboards, anything electrical, everything landscape-wise, including a flagstone patio. Shoot, he even rebuilt a Goldwing motorcycle bolt-by-bolt. As you can imagine Lowe's and Home Depot are frequented at least once EVERY weekend by one or all members of our family.

Well, Friday night Chris comes in the living room and says, "Did you see that our toilet seat has split?" I said I wondered why I felt something pinch me when I was getting up! I figured, no big deal. We will pick up a new toilet seat on one of our weekend trips to a local home improvement center. You can imagine my surprise when I went to use the bathroom Saturday evening and saw this...



Duck tape on my toilet!?!

I bet my dad is pretty proud of his son-in-law right about now! I guess I better go search the phonebook and see if there is someone I can pay to fix that!!

1 comment: