Friday, November 5, 2010

A Gentle Reminder

When I wrote my blog yesterday, I was thinking about this week. It wasn't just yesterday that I was in a whirlwind; it was everyday. I remember looking at Chris Sunday or Monday night and telling him this week was going to be "the same stuff -- different day".

I wasn't mad or unhappy by the end of each day. I was kind of blah and tired. I didn't find much joy in the day nor did I see any in the day to come!

Monday through Thursday, I let my to-do lists and time table get in the way of one important thing...my morning quiet time. I had time for my quiet time today and guess what the subject was on?? The importance of starting each day with God no matter how busy we are or are going to be!!!

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, He got up, went out, and made His way to a deserted place. And He was praying there. Mark 1:35

This was the verse for today in the Journey devotional. It went on to say that of all people, Jesus had a busy schedule -- everyday -- and He knew He was on a tight timetable!! He knew, in all His humanity, that He had to draw His strength from God everyday before He could have a purpose-filled, productive day.

I don't know why; but, it still amazes me that God knows what I need to hear and when I need to hear it! I don't know if any of the other thousands of people who read through Journey were effected like I was. I do know that it was not a mistake for me to put in writing my whirlwind activity, to reflect on my mood all week, and then have this in print in front of me the day my to-do list was short!!

When will I learn that I can't accomplish ANYTHING with my own strength?? Thankfully God gently reminded me of my need for Him. We do have an awesome God!

No comments: