Monday, August 11, 2008

Broken Promises

Obviously, I need to stop making blogging promises!! Almost seven weeks since my last post! Where has time gone?!? For us, time has gone by while traveling. In the past seven weeks, we have visited six states, drove about 5,600 miles and had a round-trip plane ride to Denver!

It all began in June when Connor's baseball team competed in the Texas North State Tournament in Dallas. They came in third and we had a fun time in Dallas! The next weekend, the Hooks baseball team loaded up and drove to Kansas City, Kansas for the 11 AAA World Series Tournament. What a great city! Although we spent most of it at the baseball field, we did manage to get to a great outdoor mall (although I hear there is an even better one that I missed! Darn!). The Hooks came in 28th out of 54 teams. Not bad...wish it was a little better...but the boys had a great time and made fun memories.

Driving home from Kansas City, I got a call from my mom telling me her cancer was back. She was going to begin chemo treatments in a week and a half. The boys and I had already planned on going; but, decided to go earlier to spend time with her and my dad before she began chemo. So, four days after returning from Kansas City, the boys and I drove to Albuquerque. We went to museums, movies, shopping, and out to eat as much as possible. Mom and I even fit in a pedicure because she would not be able to do all these things once chemo started.

We left Albuquerque after being gone nine days and went through Dallas to stay the night with my sister and her family. We made it back to Houston long enough to unpack, do laundry and pack again. Chris and I decided that this was the year for Yellowstone. We left August 1 and flew to Denver, rented a minivan, and in the course of nine days, drove 2,077 miles! We left Denver and drove straight to South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. So amazing!! On to Cody, WY on our way to Yellowstone. We had such a blast! The animals and beautiful earth that we saw made me wonder how anyone can not believe there is a God! He is definitely full of creativity!!

We returned home yesterday and I have to say I am ready to stay for a while. School starts in 14 days and I am not really ready for the boys to head off to school yet! (I can't believe I said that!!) We have had such a full summer and are so incredibly blessed. I will say that I have TONS (over 900) photos to share...(I won't share them ALL!) and fun stories to share about our summer. So...maybe my blogging will be a little more frequent.

BUT...I'm not making any promises!!!

No comments: