Monday, August 18, 2008

A Few Random Thoughts

As I said in my first blog back from vacation, we took over 900 pictures in 10 days. Aren't digital cameras awesome?...until you get home, upload them and have to work your way through them to get the best! I wouldn't trade ours for anything, though. My mom still has a camera that uses film!! I keep trying to get her to go digital; but, I don't think she ever will. Course we NEVER thought she'd own a computer either and about 3 years ago we got her "hooked up"!!

Anyhow, there were so many beautiful shots I still wanted to share - so here they are:

While walking up the trail to get a closer look at Mt. Rushmore, I heard a mom tell her son that the eyes must be painted on. This next picture shows how the sculptors got the eyes to look so real. No paint here!










Chris and I kept going back and forth over whether this years' trip was one that the boys would enjoy. Would they get bored? Would they be OK with all the drive time? When we told the boys about going to Yellowstone, Colby's first question was, "Are there rides like the ones in DisneyWorld?!?" Uh-Oh!

The second day in Yellowstone was the day we saw so many animals. That night, as Colby looked out of his window...

this was the scene he saw...

All of the sudden, Colby declared, "This has been the best day of my whole life!" So, I, giving Chris and myself an imaginary pat on the back for such a great family trip, asked Colby if this was better than DisneyWorld. Without hesitation and with great emphasis, Colby said, "Oh no!" Alrighty then!!

No comments: