Friday, August 29, 2008

Week One -- Already Over?!?

Time truly does fly when school is on! How is it already Friday???

It has been an amazing first week considering lots of changes were in store this school year. In fact last week, I woke up almost every night around 2am and couldn't sleep -- thank goodness for the Olympics! I was able to keep up on all the Beijing going-ons! This week, I have slept like a baby! I really think I was stressing out about the coming year. After day two, I realized my boys are super thrilled with school and that God really did listen to me begging him all summer for them to be put with the right teachers!

This is their annual 1st day of school photo. From the looks of it, Connor is getting thoroughly annoyed with this tradition since he has become a cool 7th grader and all!!


Seventh grade brought a new school -- Junior High -- that is the size of a junior college! The school houses 7th and 8th graders and has about 2,500 students! When we were registering, I had flashes of college registration for me! The electives to choose from are amazing at McCullough. He ended up with Spanish and Team Leadership. He also decided to try something new and go out for the football team. This means being at school at 6:30am everyday for practice! Needless to say, "Mama's tired!!" The thing that makes it easier to get up at 5:15 is that Connor LOVES it -- football and school.

Colby started second grade and has two great teachers! I went to orientation last night and it sounds like he will have lots of fun this year. The main dilemma this week is whether mom will let him start riding his bike to school yet. There are several boys from our street that want to start next week. Yikes!! I keep telling Colby that Connor didn't get to start riding until almost the end of second grade! (But, we all know that the second child always gets to do things sooner than the first child, huh, Danette?!?) We'll see how that plays out...

Anyway, I am going to state a fact that I never thought I would ... I am so HAPPY that Monday is a holiday!!! :) Happy Labor Day all!

No comments: