Sunday, August 17, 2008

...The End

I am sad to say I just couldn't bring myself to blog every day! There are just some days that things get busy and there are some days I don't feel like doing anything!!!

Anyway, back to my story...we had one last day to spend in the area and decided since we were so close to the Grand Tetons, we must go see them. We loaded the car with a picnic lunch...

...took the standard picture upon entering the Tetons...

...and wound around the open road to see this...

I have a friend who went to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons last summer and she said that we had to go to the Tetons because they were just so different. The Tetons are just a few miles from Yellowstone; but, they have a totally different look -- very rocky and not so many trees as in Yellowstone.

This same friend told me that if we get to the Tetons to take the ferry across Jenny Lake and take the hike up to Inspiration Point. I must have forgotten to tell her of my fear of heights...Inspiration Point was 7,200 up a relatively steep and rocky mountain! There were moments when there was not much earth under me so I would "hug" the rock cliff. I didn't really care if someone else was coming down, I was not moving! Old people and little kids had to go around me!! Chris even held my hand several times because he knew I needed it! It was beautiful and I am glad I did it.

Can't you tell how thrilled I was to be up that high! I actually wanted to get behind that sign that says, 7,200 ft.; but, you will have to cut and paste in your minds!! :)

You can see the ferries shuttling people back and forth across the lake.

Here are my boys sitting back and relaxing on the ferry ride back to lower land!

Being only 25 miles away from Jackson Hole, we decided to drive down for dinner. We had a great bar-b-que dinner and walked back through town, getting the ice cream for dessert, and posing for pictures underneath the elk horn archway! A town I definitely want to go back to!

We drove all day Friday to get to Denver and spent Saturday at Elitch Gardens -- a very fun amusement park. We flew home EARLY Sunday morning and were all glad to be home. We had such a fun vacation. A true family vacation. It is awesome to get away from TV's, phone service, video games, and every other "interruption" that makes up a home. I highly recommend this experience to all!!

3 comments:

Danette said...

Isn't Inspiration Point from Happy Days? Was there any "neckin'"? :)

Anonymous said...

haha Danette!! good one! okay, would have loved to play at Elitch's with you guys!!! UUGGGHHH! so close and yet, so far away! kay

Anonymous said...

"neckin"???? Heck, I wouldn't have been so lucky. ;o) C ...