Thursday, August 21, 2008

Way To Go, Honey!

I have to give a blogging pat-on-the-back to my husband. You see, it has been AT LEAST six years since he has cleaned out his closet. And, I say six years because we moved into this house six years ago...so I can't even be sure he had gotten rid of anything before we moved.

Chris goes "work clothes" shopping once a year MAYBE twice if his black Dockers need replacing! So, the other night he announced it was time to go shopping for him again. I said that was fine; but, first we HAD to clean out his closet. This caught Connor's attention like I have never seen. He got a glint in his eye, got up in Chris's face and started pointing his finger at Chris and said, "OK. This is how it's going to go. Mom is going to make you make two piles. A give-away pile and a keep pile. Then she will take the keep pile and organize it into short-sleeves and long-sleeves and hang them in your closet with all the whites together, all the blues together, and on and on!" I was so proud of my son for knowing my love of organization! Chris quickly nixed the organization by color idea -- he doesn't know what he is missing. It works great for me and both boys!!

Anyhow, we went to Macy's, stocked up on pants, shirts and belts to last another year and headed home. Chris disappeared so I wentlooking for him. I rounded the corner to our bathroom and saw a HUGE pile of clothes thrown out of the closet. I guess he wanted to get in there before I did! He ended up filling three gigantic garbage bags full of clothes to give away. Yeah!! I am very proud of him and hopes he feels less stressed in the mornings when he gets dresses! Ha!Ha!

I just wish he'd let me color-coordinate!

No comments: