Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Coffee and Reruns

I am not a coffee drinker. It doesn't really matter how much sugar or flavored creamers or if it is from the gas station or Starbucks...I don't like coffee. I LOVE the smell of coffee, just not the taste. This is strange, because my dad can't live without coffee. He likes his black, strong, and hot! Maybe that is why, one: I like the smell -- 'cuz it is a smell that reminds me of growing up; and two: I can't stand the taste. We didn't know coffee came any other way than strong and black! The hot part of dad's coffee cup came in handy many times, however. My sister and I would fight over who got to hold dad's cup so we could warm our hands. Thinking back, that was a selfless thing for dad to let us do because, as I said, he likes his HOT and our cold hands cooled it off fast!



I also do NOT like reruns! I watch a couple of talk shows and if I miss one and 6 months later it is on as a rerun, I won't watch it. It's old news!! (And, as my husband knows, if it wasn't on Regis or The View or Letterman, I probably do not know what is going on in the world!) *FYI: my weird idea on reruns also applies to movies and books. Why watch something over and over or read something again when there are so many other things to watch and read?!?*



So, I have always said that Regis and Kelly are my "morning cup of coffee". If I can watch the first 15 minutes of host chat, my day is off to a great start. Today, for the first time since school started up again, I got to have my "morning cup of coffee". You see, Regis was repeats last week and yesterday I was not home to watch. So today is going to be a good day! Cheers!!

No comments: