Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Our Project






For the five years we have lived in this house, the backyard has just been a BIG doghouse. The only time we really spend much time in our backyard is to do yard work! The dog is the only one who has destroyed, I mean, enjoyed it!



Neither Chris nor I had ever entertained the idea of having a swimming pool. The thought of my kids drowning -- or even more possible, ME drowning! -- made it an easy decision. But then we live in The Woodlands, and, EVERYONE in The Woodlands has a pool, you know?? Actually, I have spent 4 summers packing up the kids, swimming gear, and ice chests loaded with enough food and drinks for a long day in the sun. It became a chore. So, about a year ago, I began to work on Chris..."Wouldn't a pool be so nice to jump into right now?", I would ask my very sweaty sweetie after we finished yard work. We would hear our neighbors swimming in their pool (see EVERYONE does have one but us!) and he would say "Yep." Somehow, the planets all lined up and he agreed!! Yippee!!


After a few months of "interviewing" pool companies and getting permission with the association to cut down 20 of our 57 trees, as of today we have a hole!! With any luck -- and no rain -- we will be swimming in about 40 days!










No comments: