Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beyond Thrilled

About two months ago, Chris got a promotion. He is a hard worker, dedicated to his job and to his company. He enjoys figuring out the most productive ways to make things work. He loves challenges. So this promotion was an awesome opportunity for him to conquer more challenges. The only drawback is the travel that accompanies the new position. He is responsible for 100 manufacturing plants located all over the world.

In the last 25 days, 15 of those have been spent in other countries. The same is in store for the next 25 days.

I am so thankful that he has this opportunity and that God has blessed me with a husband who provides for me and my boys more than we need or deserve. But, the single-mom syndrome gets old some days. I have to stop and laugh because my busiest time of day is still when Chris is at work. So, it's not like him being in the country is any different on my taxi services! For me, it is the emotional and physical presence when I get home from running the boys around. I need to see him and hug him!

He has been gone for the past 8 days -- Amsterdam, Norway, Vienna, Cyprus, Italy. He was supposed to be in France today. Thankfully, the French airlines are fussing about something and it would have been a wasted trip for him to go. So, he will be home earlier than planned! In fact, I am typing this while trying to kill some time before heading to the airport! Needless to say, I love the French right now!

They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder". I believe that is true. I have learned to cherish our time at home together much more than I used to. As challenging as this transition could be, I am thankful for the "togetherness" that has happened in our relationship. It is "intoxicating"!

I love this man!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I feel your pain!! That was my life for so long that having Scot around all the time now has been just as big of a transition for me. Enjoy every moment with your man and then plan on going on one of those trips with him!