Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Say Cheese!

Pictures have always been a huge part of me.

I have a mother who has a camera attached to her hand! And, although we give her a hard time, we know we will always have a picture to remember whatever it is we are doing!

I have a husband who has lots of lenses and monopods and tripods and gadgets. He honestly could probably do a photography business on the side! He always seems to perfectly capture those sweet faces. When taking baseball pictures, he gets the ball and the bat and the dirt flying through the air!

I have kids who are usually willing to stop and pose and give me a goofy face.

I am the one who has close to 40 photo albums that tell the story of my life, Chris's life and each boys' life. i don't feel organized until I come home from a vacation and make an album using lots of photos and pamphlets and ticket stubs! Each year, I make an on-line album for each boy. It is an obsession I have and I am way behind!

Today I sat down with 500 pictures, scrapbook paraphernalia and brochures from our D.C. trip and began the long task of creating a tangible memory.

As I was going through the first day of our trip (yes, I am only on day 1 of our 10 day trip!! It isn't a hobby for the impatient!!), I realized the real reason I fret so much over getting an album done after every event. I do it because I love looking back and reliving those memories! I love taking that book in my hand and turning each page and remembering.

I know that I can pick up any of those 40 albums in my closets/shelves/chests and get lost in that time. I can remember the smell of that baby boy or the feel of the ocean air. I can hear the cheers after a safe slide into homeplate. I can remember the anticipation of opening a big wrapped box. I can remember the taste of that cupcake I had in D.C. I can remember the 108 degree weather that caused us to look like drowned rats in Williamsburg. I don't ever want to forget.

No comments: