Sunday, September 12, 2010

Con #1

Well...my loyal readers noticed that I didn't post yesterday. So, here it is...

I spent the day floating in the pool while my boys worked in the yard. :)

We then took both boys to two different friends' houses to spend the night. Yes, Chris and I were alone all night long at our own home!! We don't get that often. In fact, we have maybe had three nights like that ever! We do go on getaways when we can; but, there is something about being alone in your own house.

Chris made reservations at our favorite sushi place. While sitting there maneuvering our chopsticks, we decided to be wild and crazy and go see a movie after dinner! Inception was a great movie -- but a long movie! It wasn't over until 10:15! We had gone to see Dave Matthews Band on Friday night , which meant we didn't get home Friday night until 11:30! We were definitely feeling our age after two late nights!!

Driving back home last night I told Chris that I wished we could have a night away every weekend. It then occurred to me that that is exactly what MY parents got when my sister and I were growing up. Danette and I thought we were so lucky to get to spend Saturday nights with our grandparents. We would go get some kind of fast food and come back home and watch Hee Haw, The Lawrence Welk Show and Love Boat! We'd get to sleep in the living room on the fold-out couch and ride in the church bus with Grandpa on Sunday morning!

Now that I am a parent, I realize that it was my parents who were the lucky ones! Having both sets of grandparents in the same town made it almost a guarantee of a night away every weekend!

Yep, living 900 miles away from grandparents is definitely Con #1 on my list!!

1 comment:

Danette said...

YEAH!!!
This is pro number 1 followed by a close second with Dion's on our "Moving Back To Alb" list.... :)