Friday, September 17, 2010

What To Do When Your Bucket List Is Finished

Chris and I love to travel. We love to experience the culture, not just be a "tourist".

Because of his job, Chris has LOTS of opportunities to travel the world -- in fact, he is heading to Canada next week and then in a few weeks going to London, Cyprus, France and Italy! UGH!!! I will keep holding out for eight more years when I can go with him!

When our boys were little, we had a "bucket list" of vacations we absolutely wanted to take them on before they left home.

Hawaii
DisneyWorld
New York
Mount Rushmore
Yellowstone
Washington D.C.
England

As of this August, we have completed all of those except for England. Chris and I went there about four years ago and think that they would really love the castles and history of the country.

While in Albuquerque this summer, my cousin who lives in Australia was visiting also. I hadn't seen him in probably 10 years. He is married to a sweet Aussie girl. Daniel told us all about Australia and Connor hung on every word. Daniel loves to surf, his father-in-law has a big boat, there are poisonous snakes and spiders...you know, everything a boy likes!

Last week, Connor and I were discussing where we should go this next summer since most of our "have-to's" were finished. He informed me that we will be going to Australia. That is on HIS "has-to" list!

On MY list to do with the kids before they are no longer living with us besides England is an African Safari!

Colby wants to do DisneyWorld again.

Hmmm...looks like Chris needs to keep traveling the world to support our "New Bucket List"!!


1 comment:

Keri said...

Ok, I'm totally all for the Australia trip since many flight there stop in Singapore first!! You'll just have to plan a long enough layover to spend some time with us. I would LOVE that!!