Saturday, September 18, 2010

Women and Kindness

Beth Moore is one of my most favorite people! She is a brilliant Bible teacher teaching God's Word in a straight-forward, funny, life-changing way. She is a normal woman who has the same trials and tribulations as any other woman and uses those to touch her "students".

Today I spent the day at the Living Proof Live Simulcast. Beth was in Chicago and was simulcast to over 125,000 women of 20 different denominations in 11 countries. She is so on fire for God and even though she was on a big screen, her excitement was catching!

The theme of the day was "Law of Kindness".

Proverbs 31:26 was the key verse:
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.

Why study the law of kindness? Beth gave two reasons.
Reason 1: Because we live in a mean world. And, it is only going to get meaner!
*We need to protect the warmth of our hearts so we don't get mean also.
Reason 2: Because she "openeth her mouth"!
*A study was done that showed a woman speaks 20,000 words a day compared to a man's 7,000 words a day.
*As proof that women talk a lot, Beth pointed out the Jesus DID appear to women first after His resurrection because He knew women would spread the way!!

Women are teachers whether by example or by position. We touch people of all ages.

We are also published authors -- whether we blog, comment on a blog, Facebook, text, e-mail or tweet! And, scarily, we don't have editors to tell us a comment is not appropriate! God needs to be my editor! We need to think: am I lifting up Jesus?; am I building someone up?; or, am I stating my opinion to make myself look smarter or better than the other person?

It is inevitable that women are going to open their mouths. Luke 6:45 says, "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." When our hearts are full, something has to come out. What will it be? Unfortunately, what comes out can not be put back in!

Beth gave eight Tastes of Kindness. I am going to dangle those in front of you until I blog tomorrow! Let me just say that a few of them made me go "Ouch!"

2 comments:

Keri said...

I miss her.....I miss her teachings! Ugh! There is a simulcast here in October, but I am going to miss it. Thank you for the recap! A very good reminder!

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!