Friday, September 24, 2010

The Greatest Gift

Last night I was on the phone with Chris when Colby comes in my room crying. He had been in bed for about 30 minutes and does have this habit of coming downstairs after about an hour of being in bed crying over some nightmare. I told Chris to hold on and asked Colby what was wrong.

"I want to be baptized," he sobbed.

I told Chris I'd call him back!

Colby has such a sweet, gentle spirit. He is a sensitive boy who wears his heart on his sleeve. We sat on the edge of my bed and I asked him why he wanted to be baptized. We talked for a little bit and I prayed for him and then asked him if he wanted to pray and ask God to come into his heart. He nodded yes and started praying. That has to be the most heart-filling sweetness a Christian parent experiences.

After he was done, we sat there for a few more minutes and he looked up at me and said, "Can I pray one more time just to make sure?"

I am so thankful for what God has done in our family in the recent months. I am so thankful that God has given me the family that He has. I am so thankful for a husband who is a believer. I am thankful for both of my sons being my brothers-in-Christ. I am thankful that all four of us will be together forever and ever!

1 comment:

Danette said...

AMEN!!! The sweetest gift! Yeah, I'm crying!