Thursday, September 16, 2010

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

Twenty-four days ago, I began a challenge from my husband...blog for 60 straight days.

No one questioned the idea until a friend of mine said she told her husband about it and he asked "Why?" (So, "Thanks, Scot for giving me a blogging idea!!")

I have a husband who is so encouraging and makes me feel like I am good at things even when I don't necessarily think I am.

I began blogging a few years ago. I did it as a way to "help out" my horrible memory. It was going to be a way to let our family get a glimpse into our everyday lives and a way for me to go back and say, "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that!" As a result 99% of my blogs are of something my boys have done. There weren't many posts that were very thought provoking.

I graduated from college with a Journalism degree. I haven't really used that degree; but, do still enjoy the process of writing. I guess that was what drew me to blogging in the first place.

As the time has gone by, my posts have gone from 3-4 a week to 1 a week to 1 a month! My avid fan would check it everyday and come home and ask why I hadn't blogged. He even got to the point where he didn't ask anymore.

So...he came home one day and challenged me. (See, after yesterday's post that proves I like a challenge!) He told me that after I blog for 60 days, it should be a habit and I will continue long after my 60 days are up! Sneaky of him, huh?!? In 24 days, I have only missed one day -- but I made up for it by posting TWO posts the next day. I will not loose this challenge. (That is why some days are pretty sketchy!!)

After blogging for a few days, Chris then went a little further and told me I need to not stress about what to blog about. I should look around and when something intrigues me, write about it. I have tried that the last couple of weeks. Kind of a "digging deeper" into myself. I have to admit that it is refreshing and exciting--but still stressful.

My blog is now emerging as a daily diary of sorts as well. It feels good. I am, crazily enough, learning more about myself. I don't know if I will blog EVERY DAY after my 60 day challenge; but, I do hope that I will take time to look at something like the "Sand" or a "Door" and write out my thoughts a little more often. Maybe my blog will actually help my boys look back one day and remember me.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I came looking for this answer tonight....so glad to know where the challenge came from! I love everything this post says about you two. It is so sweet to be married to a man that believes we can do anything we set our minds to! I love it!!

Keep on going...I love reading all about you and your boys!